InfraTec Online Event: Flow Analysis Using Thermal Imaging
Thermography enables the analysis of flows by visualizing characteristic thermal signatures, which are caused by different heat transfer coefficients. Thus, direction and strength but especially the type of flow – turbulent or laminar – can be determined.
Thermography as a non-contact, area-based and imaging temperature measurement method is perfectly suited to detect even the smallest flow-induced temperature gradients of less than 15 mK, without influencing the flow behavior itself.
InfraTec’s online event “Flow Analysis Using Thermal Imaging” will inform you about possible applications of thermography in the context of flow analysis. This event will include a technical lecture: “A Non-Intrusive Particle Temperature Extraction Methodology Using Infrared and Visible-Image Sequences for High-Temperature Particle Plumes”
A Glimpse at the Online Event:
- General information about infrared thermography
- Presentation of different infrared camera techniques
- Presentation of different flow types and how to measure them with thermography
- Demonstration of different application possibilities:
- Aerodynamic optimization (e.g. aircraft wings or rotor blades of wind turbines)
- Heat management industry (e.g. geometric influences in convection-based cooling systems)
- Environmental research (e.g. weather, wind situations, climate)
- Geological research (e.g. snow and rock avalanches, lava flow)
This online event takes place on Wednesday, June 14th 2023 from 10:00am - 12:00 PM CEST.
Wednesday June 14, 2023